all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#8257: Links to browse source code broken
@ 2011-03-15 13:25 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-03-15 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 8257

Then link on

   emacs - Summary [Savannah]
   http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/

in the menus

   Source Code / Browse Sources Repository

is broken

* bug#8257: Links to browse source code broken
@ 2011-03-15 18:22 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-03-15 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 8257-done

Lennart Borgman wrote (on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 at 14:25 +0100):

> Then link on
>
>    emacs - Summary [Savannah]
>    http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/
>
> in the menus
>
>    Source Code / Browse Sources Repository

There are 3 such links.
The git one works. The CVS one works. The bzr one takes to you a page
that says:

  loggerhead disabled due to instability; if you're interesting in
  maintaining it, please check http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Bzr

This is a 404 error message. To quote:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2010-10/msg00040.html

   It's 404 but I'm not sure you read the 404 message (maybe you have
   some kind of simplified 404 error display in your browser):

This issue has been discussed several times on emacs-devel and
Savannah mailing lists. The problem is not specific to Emacs and there
is nothing Emacs developers can do about it (apart from answering the
above appeal).

* bug#8257: Links to browse source code broken
@ 2011-03-15 20:11   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-03-15 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 8257, rgm; +Cc: 8257-done

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:

> Lennart Borgman wrote (on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 at 14:25 +0100):
>
>> Then link on
>>
>>    emacs - Summary [Savannah]
>>    http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/
>>
>> in the menus
>>
>>    Source Code / Browse Sources Repository
>
> There are 3 such links.
> The git one works. The CVS one works. The bzr one takes to you a page
> that says:
>
>  loggerhead disabled due to instability; if you're interesting in
>  maintaining it, please check http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Bzr

This is not what Chrome shows. It justs says:

  Oops! This link appears to be broken.
  Suggestions:
   Access a cached copy of bzr.­savannah.­gnu.­org/­lh/­emacs
   Go to gnu.­org

I tested on my own site and it looks just as I expect for 404 pages.

I also tested with Opera and indeed there I can see the message you
suggested should be there.

It still looks to me something is broken with the link I mentioned.

* bug#8257: Links to browse source code broken
@ 2011-03-15 20:42     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-03-15 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Lennart Borgman, 8257

Please open a Savannah support issue if you like.
It's not an Emacs issue, Emacs developers cannot do anything about it.

* bug#8257: Links to browse source code broken
@ 2011-03-15 20:43       ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-03-15 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 8257

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:

> Please open a Savannah support issue if you like.
> It's not an Emacs issue, Emacs developers cannot do anything about it.

Ok. Thanks for your help.