On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote: > On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >>> From: Lennart Borgman >>> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:08:18 +0200 >>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >>> >>> You are looking for the reason why reconsider_clip_changes does not do >>> its job. I have said (though maybe not explicitly enough, I don't >>> know) that it can't because it does not have the information it needs. >>> >>> It does not have that information because narrow_to_region has erased >>> it by setting clip_changed to 1. >> >> The information is not erased, it is still present in >> w->current_matrix->zv and w->current_matrix->begv.  You will see that >> reconsider_clip_changes uses those to decide whether to reset the >> clip_changed flag. > > > Oh, fine, I missed that. Then we do not need the new variables I introduced. I have switched to using those variables instead. Seems to work just as well as my old patch. I have attached the patches for the current version of xdisp.c I am using now. Beside using those variable I have moved the check into reconsider_clip_changes where it belongs.