Thien-Thi was on the right track and understood the problem well as his reply indicate as far as I understood it. He has disappeared or refusing to show up. probably this nourishes the ego of such geeks. On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM, wrote: > PJ Weisberg writes: > > > On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Fren Zeee wrote: > >> I am only satisfied with first part. There are more challenging > questions > >> still there. Please read the two or three of my posts before you entered > the > >> conversation. > > > > I think your other question was, "What was Thien-Thi talking about > > when he said 'less piecewise-constructive and more table-oriented'? > > > > Here's my guess. Keeping in mind that I have no idea what you're > > trying to accomplish, I would suggest that instead of having functions > > like find-my-marker-GOLD, find-my-marker-SILVER, and the like, you > > just start out the file with something like: > > > > GOLD 1000 > > SILVER 5000 > > COPPER 28000 > > CHEESEBURGERS 2 > > END > > > > And then read those line-by-line to construct your alist or whatever. > > I also fail to comprehend what this thread is about, but could this > maybe prove useful? > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homoiconicity > > Lisp data and code look alike. The lisp data structure is convenient at > every level of the language. Lisp as a dataformat on disk is thus also > convenient. > > -- > Joakim Verona > >