all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Linum-mode rendering issues on OSX/Snow Leopard - emacs 23.2
@ 2010-07-05 18:52 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2010-07-05 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello everyone,

I've been having this small glitch for some time now already, and ignoring
it too. However, I'd really like to know why this happens and if there is a
fix. The line numbers on the rightmost column of the emacs layout are being
rendering with some glitches, as you can check in this screenshot:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2eoa0zb.jpg.

This is not a serious issue, but I'd say it is really annoying. Sometimes,
you can't see some of the numbers.

Does anyone know why this happens and any workaround?

Thanks,

Marcelo.

* Re: Linum-mode rendering issues on OSX/Snow Leopard - emacs 23.2
       [not found] <mailman.10.1278355927.11527.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-07-06  6:05 ` Livin Stephen
From: Livin Stephen @ 2010-07-06  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 5, 2:52 pm, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celose...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been having this small glitch for some time now already, and ignoring
> it too. However, I'd really like to know why this happens and if there is a
> fix. The line numbers on the rightmost column of the emacs layout are being
> rendering with some glitches, as you can check in this screenshot:http://i48.tinypic.com/2eoa0zb.jpg.
>
> This is not a serious issue, but I'd say it is really annoying. Sometimes,
> you can't see some of the numbers.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens and any workaround?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo.

I have no clue about why this happens.. but I see it too.

linum-version - "0.9x"
emacs-version - "23.1.90.1"

* Re: Linum-mode rendering issues on OSX/Snow Leopard - emacs 23.2
@ 2010-07-07 18:19 ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2010-07-07 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

It's not only the line number column. I also get glitches on the
buffer separator line. As you can see on this screenshot:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2re3b6w.jpg

- the vertical thin blank line that should render until the bottom
doesn't. It doesn't on the leftmost column (where line numbers should
have been redered, another issue) neither on the column in the center
that separates the two windows.

Could this be an isolated color-theme issue? The thing is that I
really like this color-theme, but having these glitches is almost
convicing me to switch to plain old vanilla emacs style :(

Thanks,

Marcelo.

@ 2010-07-11 22:32   ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2010-07-11 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

*bump* -- Any ideas anyone?

@ 2010-07-11 23:43     ` Glauber Alex Dias Prado
From: Glauber Alex Dias Prado @ 2010-07-11 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

As workaround:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/line-num.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/wcy-display-line-number.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/linum+.el - just an extension to linum
but who knows it might solve your issue.

Also there are even more line numbering packages out there, about to fix
your issue i suggest you make a bug report, but it might be platform
specific i think.

cheers,
Glauber.

@ 2010-07-14  0:31     ` Juanma Barranquero