On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote: > On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Juri Linkov wrote: >>>> I think `reb-update-overlays' should be completely rewritten >>>> for isearch.el. >>> >>> You surely know this things much better than me, but is there any >>> reason to double the code? >> >> `reb-update-overlays' highlights all matches in the buffer. >> This is like what lazy-highlighting does.  But we agreed >> that it should affect only the current isearch match, >> not all lazy-highlighted matches. >> >>> If it is rewritten why not let re-builder share the same code? >> >> Yes, and query-replace highlighting could share it too. > >>>> The only thing we need from re-builder.el are faces >>>> reb-match-1, reb-match-2, reb-match-3.  We should try >>>> using the existing faces for the same functionality. Here is a patch for the submatches highlighting. (It includes a bug fix for the prompt face too and a help window scrolling I think is useful.) The current faces does not look very well together so that must be fixed.