all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [ANN] (color-theme-select) web interface
@ 2010-08-20 21:35 Victor Hugo Borja
From: Victor Hugo Borja @ 2010-08-20 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: color-theme-devel, help-gnu-emacs

Hello Emacs Jedis,

I've just finished to develop a site named after the emacs function
`color-theme-select.
As you can guess from the name, it tries to mimic an emacs window and lists
many
color-themes for the user to select. It also allows to customize every face
defined on
the theme. Themes can be saved (as gists on github) and reloaded at any
time, and
of course you can download the generated emacs lisp.

Currently the site showcases the themes included in the standard
color-theme
distribution, and also some other's I've found on the net. If you'd like me
to include
your color-theme just mail me: vic.borja@gmail.com

The current site lives at

            http://color-theme-select.heroku.com

the code for it is at  http://github.com/vic/color-theme-select

Note that this site is still in beta, I've tested it in firefox and chrome,
not sure it
works on other browsers.

I made this web site to enable emacs users to preview color themes, but
mainly
to customize them and share. I hope you enjoy using (color-theme-select).

All feedback is pretty much appreciated.

P.D. Currently .js files are not compressed, so the site may seem a little
heavy to
load.

Cheers!
--
vic

"Let every Jedi of the emacs order choose the color of his lightsaber"

* Re: [ANN] (color-theme-select) web interface
@ 2010-08-21 18:10 ` Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2010-08-21 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Victor Hugo Borja <vborja@apache.org> writes:

> Hello Emacs Jedis,
>
> I've just finished to develop a site named after the emacs function
> `color-theme-select.

Very nice, thanks for that, note that a similar tool exists here:

http://alexpogosyan.com/color-theme-creator/

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key: