Have you looked into buffer-face-mood and view-mode-hook? On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Gary wrote: > I was sure I had asked this before, but a quick look at the threads > suggests not. > > Is there any way of configuring things such that read-only buffers are > displayed in a different colour scheme? Either by changing the > background or, in the worst case, by using the faces that are used (I'm > particularly interested in buffers using a homegrown mode, but would > prefer a general solution). > > I'm using emacs-nox, if it makes any difference. > > -- > Gary Please do NOT send me 'courtesy' replies off-list. > GNU Emacs 23.2.1 > emacsclient 23.2 > > > > -- Le