I am using Emacs 24.0.50.2 built from revision 103358 of the Emacs trunk on Mac OS X. When I do a C-h v I sometimes get output that includes the line "Not documented as a variable" where the variable documentation ordinarily would be. For example, C-h v cursor-type displays the following. cursor-type's value is t Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion. Documentation: Not documented as a variable. This is not the only variable that has this problem. I get the same results for emacs-basic-display and I have seen several others. However, for some variables, such as emacs-version, I do not see this problem. In Emacs 23.2, I do not see this problem. I started Emacs with the -Q command line argument to make certain that the cause was not in my initialization files. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem or should I just start debugging Emacs to look for the cause?