Open a new Javascript file. Type "/*". Run M-x comment-indent-new-line. This inserts "\n /*", which is incorrect. Now that I try to reproduce my fix, though, it doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure what the proper solution is. On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Chong Yidong wrote: > Nathan Weizenbaum writes: > > > js-mode doesn't set the comment-multi-line variable. This results in > > comment-indent-new-line behaving improperly when used in a multi-line > comment, > > which also affects auto-fill-mode, according to the documentation for > > comment-multi-line. > > > > Attached is a patch that sets the variable. > > Could you provide a precise recipe for the problem? >