Dear community, Is there are way to make Emacs to close the *Completions* buffer automatically after sending the line as input in a shell mode? E.g., in a shell mode I type cd s Emacs shows me the all filenames which begins with 's' in *Completions* buffer. If I type 'rc/' then, so the complete input will cd src/ I've successfully change the current directory in the shell, but *Completions* buffer will remains. When I visit a file via C-x C-f Emacs automatically close *Completions* buffer if it was shown by . Is it possible to make Emacs automatically close *Completions* buffer, of the shell mode in a such way? Regards, Dmitriy