Hi, (Trying to make a big push to convert from UltraEdit to Emacs because I've just seen too many people too good with editing in Emacs to not try...) I'm trying to set a HOME .emacs file for GNU Emacs 23.2 on Windows7 64-bit. I'm trying to follow the recommendations in section 3.5 at http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/Installing-Emacs.html . Problems I'm having is: 1. I can't create files in c:\ (I don't know why, it's my work computer so maybe there's a restriction)... 2. I can't make '.emacs' files anywhere because the OS tells me I need a filename (i.e., I can't have a leading '.' in the filename). 3. The registry hives mentioned at the link don't seem to exist in the registry, so I don't know what I can do to set them. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you, Matt