all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com>
To: "MarkS." <throaway@yahoo.com>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How to really escape a double quote?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 13:10:27 +0800	[thread overview]

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM, MarkS. <throaway@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Feb 25, 6:05 pm, Le Wang <l26w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes! Thank you! That was the ticket. I suppose there's a page out
> there that talks about vector representations? I'm still working
> mainly out of a book.

Okay, you can look at the GNU Emacs manual section for the "kbd" macro.
 This way looks fairly straight forward.

http://www.gnu.org/s/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Key-Sequences.html#Key-Sequences

I can't find the vector notation clearly discussed in the GNU Emacs manual.
 I know it from XEmacs and just always preferred it.  As far as I can tell,
it works the same in GNU Emacs.

You can read more about key sequence vectors in the XEmacs manual:

http://www.gnu.org/s/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Key-Sequences.html#Key-Sequences

A note about your original question, the "^" prefix to skip-chars-backward
is discusses in the doc string (well it links to skip-chars-forward, and
discusses it there).  The doc string of functions and variables is a great
way to explore Emacs.

--
Le