all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rebox2
@ 2011-01-30  7:57 Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2011-01-30  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I don't know how many people use rebox.el.  A package by Francois Pinard.
 It's awesome.  You can put text into boxes.  Change boxing style easily.
 The predefined boxing styles system is well thought out.  New styles are
easily added.  It is awesome.  However, I never hear anyone talk about it.
 Maybe, it's because it takes some effort to actually figure out how to use
it, and it didn't handle some corner cases very well.

I've made rebox2, which adds some features, some styles, and hopefully has a
more intuitive interface.  I also added a minor mode (rebox-mode) makes
editing in boxes seamless.  I e-mailed Francois 2 months ago about
integrating my changes, and never heard anything back, so hopefully
releasing a fork is not bad etiquette.

github: https://github.com/lewang/rebox2

<https://github.com/lewang/rebox2>Youtube walk through
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53YeTdVtDkU