On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > The server-browse buffer commonly (if you point it to any of the big > news servers) inserts tens (or hundreds) of thousands of lines. > Allowing this to be customisable with the normal gnus-*-format-line > mechanism would make this unbearably slow. I don't doubt that, but I wasn't asking for a format-line variable. (That would be pointless; I can't imagine anyone seriously wanting to disable any of the information already shown, and there's no easily available extra data except for the moderation status.) I just want a simple boolean variable that chooses between "show moderation status" and "don't show moderation status".