all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Ref-mode have some problem
@ 2008-11-17  2:18 x.zhangnku
From: x.zhangnku @ 2008-11-17  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am using GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-09-06
on MSLK in the window operational system. When I using "c-c [" to make
citations, it comes the following information

Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
find-buffer-visiting: Args out of range: "a.tex.tex", 0, -1

Here a.tex is my tex file.

Thanks very much.

* Re: Ref-mode have some problem
@ 2008-11-17  9:38 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-11-17  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: x.zhangnku; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 17.11.2008 um 03:18 schrieb x.zhangnku:

> Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
> find-buffer-visiting: Args out of range: "a.tex.tex", 0, -1

This can also come from AUCTeX, if you use it. A bit more information
might be present when you launch GNU Emacs with --debug-init or you
(setq debug-on-error t) before you load the first TeX file. Finally
the best test environment for GNU Emacs bugs is created when you
launch it with -Q, i.e., no init files from you or the system. The
bug can also come from your customisation in your init file.

Obviously some Elisp code adds another ".tex" extension to the file's
name and tries to operate on this ...

--
Greetings

   Pete