all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* EmacsW32: Repeated ureleased WIN key as META modifier
@ 2008-08-25 12:02 Sergei
From: Sergei @ 2008-08-25 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Some time ago I've upgraded EmacsW32 to
GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (patched).

One new problem concerns using the WIN key as the META key.
It works for the first chord; but if I try a second M-chord without
releasing the WIN key in between, the META is ignored.

E.g. the first M-v works as expected (it does scroll-down); but if I
retype v without releasing WIN, I get a v inserted at the point.

There was no such a problem with an earlier version (nor with the
default ALT modifier).

I have added thi to my default.el file:

(setq w32-alt-is-meta nil		; Alt be diffrent from Meta
;      w32-pass-alt-to-system nil	; do not pass ...
      w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil	; do not pass ...
      w32-lwindow-modifier 'meta        ; lwindow acts as Meta
      w32-apps-modifier nil)		; can now bind [apps]

--
Sergio

* Re: EmacsW32: Repeated ureleased WIN key as META modifier
@ 2008-08-25 13:47 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-08-25 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergei; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 25.08.2008 um 14:02 schrieb Sergei:

> One new problem concerns using the WIN key as the META key.

This sounds more like a bug. If it persists when you launch GNU Emacs
without any customisation applied, then it's probably better to
report it (see Help menu -> Send Bug Report…).

--
Greetings

   Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
				– Douglas Adams