all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Exchange servers and Gnus
@ 2010-01-16  0:21 Paulo J. Matos
From: Paulo J. Matos @ 2010-01-16  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs list

Hi all,

Is there any way to use Gnus with an exchange server?
I tried to search online but got no solution.

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocmatos at gmail.com
http://www.pmatos.net

* Re: Exchange servers and Gnus
@ 2010-01-16  0:32 ` Herbert J. Skuhra
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1512.1263607996.18930.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Herbert J. Skuhra @ 2010-01-16  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

At Sat, 16 Jan 2010 00:21:55 +0000,
Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to use Gnus with an exchange server?
> I tried to search online but got no solution.

It should work if you enable POP3 and IMAP4 on the exchange server...

-Herbert

* Re: Exchange servers and Gnus
@ 2010-01-16  2:12   ` Paulo J. Matos
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1512.1263607996.18930.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Paulo J. Matos @ 2010-01-16  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert J. Skuhra; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Herbert J. Skuhra <h.skuhra@gmail.com> wrote:
> At Sat, 16 Jan 2010 00:21:55 +0000,
> Paulo J. Matos wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there any way to use Gnus with an exchange server?
>> I tried to search online but got no solution.
>
> It should work if you enable POP3 and IMAP4 on the exchange server...

It's my employers exchange server, I don't think I have a way to do that... :-/
Shall I assume that gnus doesn't connect to exchange servers natively?

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocmatos at gmail.com
http://www.pmatos.net

* Re: Exchange servers and Gnus
@ 2010-01-16 15:03     ` Chris Van Dusen
From: Chris Van Dusen @ 2010-01-16 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paulo J. Matos; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Does it work using POP3 and IMAP as Herbert mentioned?  It may already be enabled.

We use Exchange where I work and was able to connect via IMAP. YMMV

Chris.

@ 2010-01-18 14:26     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-01-18 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 02:12:49 +0000 "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos@gmail.com> wrote:

PJM> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Herbert J. Skuhra <h.skuhra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> At Sat, 16 Jan 2010 00:21:55 +0000,
>> Paulo J. Matos wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is there any way to use Gnus with an exchange server?
>>> I tried to search online but got no solution.
>>
>> It should work if you enable POP3 and IMAP4 on the exchange server...
>>

PJM> It's my employers exchange server, I don't think I have a way to do that... :-/
PJM> Shall I assume that gnus doesn't connect to exchange servers natively?

There is no native Exchange support in Gnus and I don't expect it in the
future.  The IMAP support is all right and there's
imap-enable-exchange-bug-workaround in imap.el to fix one particular
Exchange bug.  I personally use Exchange as a mail source only and keep
everything in a local Maildir :)

Ted