all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* c-hanging-braces-alist customization shows no syntactic symbols
@ 2003-12-17 15:48 Stephanos Piperoglou
From: Stephanos Piperoglou @ 2003-12-17 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

GNU Emacs 21.3 / Windows 2000 + CygWin

I'm trying to customize my c-hanging-braces-alist and custom doesn't
show the list of syntactic symbols correctly. See below for a snippet of
what I get when I M-x customize-variable c-hanging-braces-alist. As you
can see custom has trouble getting these symbols, and I can find nowhere
where the entire list is mentioned and documented. I don't mind hacking
my .emacs file by hand for these (in fact I'd rather define my own
c-style, as this is meant for use with JDE), so my question really is
where can I get a list of syntactic symbols that apply to
c-hanging-braces-alist?

Is this a known issue in 21.3? Is it fixed in the devel branch?

( ) Override style settings:
    [ ] nil                 : Choice Newline [ ] before, [ ] after brace
[...]
   State: this option has been set and saved.