all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [ELPA] New package proposal: frog-menu
@ 2019-03-11  9:53 Clemens Radermacher
From: Clemens Radermacher @ 2019-03-11  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

This packages lets you quickly pick items from ad hoc menus (for example spelling corrections). It uses `posframe` and `avy` (both on
GNU ELPA already).

Code can be found at https://github.com/clemera/frog-menu.

--
Clemens

* Re: [ELPA] New package proposal: frog-menu
@ 2019-03-12 16:28 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2019-03-12 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

> Code can be found at https://github.com/clemera/frog-menu.

Looks fun.  Not sure if the playful name will work to its benefit or
will hide it from potential users (compared to a name that explicitly
advertizes its similarity to "avy" or something like that).

* Re: [ELPA] New package proposal: frog-menu
@ 2019-03-12 18:36   ` Clemens Radermacher
From: Clemens Radermacher @ 2019-03-12 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Looks fun.  Not sure if the playful name will work to its benefit or
> will hide it from potential users (compared to a name that explicitly
> advertizes its similarity to "avy" or something like that).

Hm, there is already one called `avy-menu` by which `frog-menu` was inspired. I did not want to call it `avy-posframe` because posframe should be only one possible display option (for now it is the only one though).

--
Clemens
--

@ 2019-03-12 18:39     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2019-03-12 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Clemens Radermacher; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> Looks fun.  Not sure if the playful name will work to its benefit or
>> will hide it from potential users (compared to a name that explicitly
>> advertizes its similarity to "avy" or something like that).
>
> Hm, there is already one called `avy-menu` by which `frog-menu` was
> inspired. I did not want to call it `avy-posframe` because posframe should
> be only one possible display option (for now it is the only one though).

Then let's hope the playful name will work to its benefit ;-)