all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Icicles: how to kill buffers in certain mode
@ 2015-02-19 10:55 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-02-19 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Drew, hello all,

I'd like to be able to kill all buffers in some mode using Icicles.  Is
it possible?  I know about C-u C-x b, but how do I kill all the
candidates?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* RE: Icicles: how to kill buffers in certain mode
@ 2015-02-19 19:14 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2015-02-19 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'd like to be able to kill all buffers in some mode using Icicles.
> Is it possible?  I know about C-u C-x b, but how do I kill all the
> candidates?

`C-u C-x b' limits candidates to buffers in the same mode as current.

When you match your input (`S-TAB' or `TAB), `S-delete' deletes the
current completion candidate (as usual in Icicles).

And `C-u S-delete' deletes ALL objects named by the current set of
completion candidates (you are prompted to confirm).

This is documented here:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_More_About_Multi-Commands#DeletingObjects

However, I just fixed a bug in this area, so please try the latest
files (icicles-cmd1.el and icicles-mcmd.el, in particular).