all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* C-k messes up display -- have to redraw-display
@ 2016-08-02  4:55 rob.dunne
From: rob.dunne @ 2016-08-02  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi emacs group,

I am have a problem on a new machine.
When I type C-k, the display is mucked up. The next line in the file is repeated
multiple times. I have to use "M-x redraw-display" to fix it.

The problem happens in .Rnw, and .s file (but perhaps not all other files).

I can't find anything on the web about this problem.

My question is

1) how can I fix it, or
2) how can I get more information about the problem? There in nothing in the messages buffer
3) can you show me how to make C-k delete to the end of a line and then call
redraw-display? Not a neat thing to do, but better than what I am doing now

Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7) of 2014-03-08 on lamiak, modified by Debian

Bye