all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bibtex-mode wishes
@ 2003-01-08 17:21 Michael Below
From: Michael Below @ 2003-01-08 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a couple of issues regarding the bibtex-mode:

 - Entries should be sorted w/o regard to the case of their key.

 - If I crossreference an entry, the referencing entry should be
   sorted before the entry referenced to, otherwise bibtex wont be
   able to solve the reference.

 - I would like to make publisher optional, instead year and address
   should become mandatory for @book, @collection, @proceedings,
   @commented, @inbook, @incollection and @inproceedings. For @book
   school and dissyear should be optional. For @book, @commented,
   @collection, @proceedings, @incollection, @inbook and
   @inproceedings location should be optional.

By now, all I managed to do is setting:
 '(bibtex-user-optional-fields (quote (("abstract" "Zusammenfassung")
 ("school" "Bei Diss: Uni, an der sie angenommen wurde") ("dissyear"
 "Bei Diss: Jahr der Promotion") ("location" "Standort des Buches"))))
in my .emacs, this makes a number of fields optional for all kinds of
entries...

Any ideas?

Michael

--
Der hohe Anteil an Dienstreisen fällt auf.
			Niklas Luhmann, Die Weltgesellschaft, ARSP 1971, 8