all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: how to select line?
       [not found] <e21f3a14-9fe7-4e68-b318-256181178d56@y31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com>
@ 2010-09-09 20:03 ` Thorsten Bonow
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2010-09-09 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>>>>> "a" == a efremov <a.efremov@javasmith.org> writes:

    a> Hello, How I can select line in emacs. Not to select a region with
    a> C-space but just one line. Something similar to C-k to delete line.

    a> thank you in advance, alexander

Hi,

mark-lines.el is included in GNU Emacs, so you can tripple click on a line
with button 1 to select is or press "C-x C-n".

Hope this helps.

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www.withouthat.org/~toto/homepage/contact.html

RWTH Aaachen -- Jetzt noch weiter vorne...

* Re: how to select line?
@ 2010-09-09 22:39   ` TheFlyingDutchman
From: TheFlyingDutchman @ 2010-09-09 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sep 9, 1:03 pm, Thorsten Bonow <thorsten.bo...@withouthat.org>
wrote:

>     a> Hello, How I can select line in emacs. Not to select a region with
>     a> C-space but just one line. Something similar to C-k to delete line.
>
>     a> thank you in advance, alexander
>
> Hi,
>
> mark-lines.el is included in GNU Emacs, so you can tripple click on a line
> with button 1 to select is or press "C-x C-n".

Triple clicking highlights the line for me, but C-x C-n is bound to
"set-goal-column" from simple.el. I am using Emacs 23.2.1.  Do you
know the function name that selects a line?

@ 2010-09-10 14:23 ` Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2010-09-10 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sep 9, 12:11 pm, "a.efremov" <a.efre...@javasmith.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How I can select line in emacs. Not to select a region with C-space
> but just one line. Something similar to C-k to delete line.

emacs: select current line with single command
Previously, we've covered Single Command to Delete Whole Line and How
to Copy/Cut Current Line. But what if you want to select the current
line with a single command? Very short, like this:

(transient-mark-mode 1)

(defun select-current-line ()
  "Select the current line"
  (interactive)
  (end-of-line) ; move to end of line
  (set-mark (line-beginning-position)))

This is added to Emacs Lisp Examples, check it out for other useful
exmaples.

http://xahlee.blogspot.com/2010/09/emacs-select-current-line-with-single.html

 Xah

* Re: how to select line?
@ 2010-09-10 18:03     ` Thorsten Bonow
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2010-09-10 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    >> mark-lines.el is included in GNU Emacs, so you can tripple click on a
    >> line with button 1 to select is or press "C-x C-n".

    TheFlyingDutchman> Triple clicking highlights the line for me, but C-x C-n
    TheFlyingDutchman> is bound to "set-goal-column" from simple.el. I am using
    TheFlyingDutchman> Emacs 23.2.1.  Do you know the function name that
    TheFlyingDutchman> selects a line?

I'm sorry for the confusion. I screwed up:

mark-lines.el can be found at the emacs wiki:

              http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mark-lines.el

It is *not* included in GNU Emacs.

C-x C-n runs the command mark-lines-next-line.

Sorry...

Toto

--
[Boy:] On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the
red roses?  [Girl:] Yes.  [Boy:] I bet you say that to all the boys!