all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* missing font after installion
@ 2009-07-01  8:36 tomer
From: tomer @ 2009-07-01  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have installed emacs 22.3 successfully.
I have courier font 20 and 24
Is it a possible to install courier font of 21,22,23?
Is it possible to install new fonts ?
Thanks
Tomer

* Re: missing font after installion
@ 2009-07-01  9:29 ` Marc Tfardy
From: Marc Tfardy @ 2009-07-01  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

tomer schrieb:
 > I have installed emacs 22.3 successfully.
 > I have courier font 20 and 24
 > Is it a possible to install courier font of 21,22,23?
 > Is it possible to install new fonts ?

Do you mean with 20, 24, 21, 22, 23 font size??

Ther are no separately fonts for individual font size. You have to
select your favorite font and than define the font size in the
font definition string. I use for example the Envy R font with
font size 13 so the font definition strgin in my .emacs look like this:
"-outline-Envy Code R-normal-r-normal-normal-13-*-96-96-c-*-iso8859-1"

regards
Marc

* Re: missing font after installion
@ 2009-07-01 10:22   ` tomer
From: tomer @ 2009-07-01 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 1, 12:29 pm, Marc Tfardy <b...@cyk.cyk> wrote:
> tomer schrieb:
>  > I have installed emacs 22.3 successfully.
>  > I have courier font 20 and 24
>  > Is it a possible to install courier font of 21,22,23?
>  > Is it possible to install new fonts ?
>
> Do you mean with 20, 24, 21, 22, 23 font size??
>
> Ther are no separately fonts for individual font size. You have to
> select your favorite font and than define the font size in the
> font definition string. I use for example the Envy R font with
> font size 13 so the font definition strgin in my .emacs look like this:
> "-outline-Envy Code R-normal-r-normal-normal-13-*-96-96-c-*-iso8859-1"
>
> regards
> Marc

Thanks for the reply
yes,I meant the font size,
I looked in all the font available in my emacs ( completion of set-
default-font).
I am sure there is an option to install/add new fonts ,but i dont know
how.
Could guide help me with ?

* Re: missing font after installion
@ 2009-07-01 16:12     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-07-01 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tomer; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 01.07.2009 um 12:22 schrieb tomer:

> Could guide help me with ?

The X server can scale a font. Check with xfontsel one particular
font, copy its name, paste it into a shell in GNU Emacs, change the
font size to one xfontsel does not display, and use xfd to display
the font at the new size.

--
Greetings

   Pete

I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.
			- Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen.