all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* <SPACE> completion for find-file disappeared in 22.0.50.1
@ 2006-05-22 18:49 rob wahoo
From: rob wahoo @ 2006-05-22 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just built emacs from the CVS HEAD and when I do find-file, I can no
longer use the <SPACE>  key for completion in the mini-buffer. Tab
completion still works fine. I didn't want to report this as a bug,
because it seems like it is just a setting change.

Does anyone know what setting I need to change to get this behavior
back (i.e., use of space or tab for completion in the mini-buffer).

Thanks,

Rob

* Re: <SPACE> completion for find-file disappeared in 22.0.50.1
@ 2006-05-22 20:35 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-05-22 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

--
Greetings

   Pete

»¿ʇı̣ əsnqɐ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ ɟı̣
ɓuı̣ɥʇʎuɐ sı̣ pooɓ ʇɐɥʍ«

* Re: <SPACE> completion for find-file disappeared in 22.0.50.1
@ 2006-05-23  8:21 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2006-05-23  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"rob wahoo" <robchristie@gmail.com> writes:

> I just built emacs from the CVS HEAD and when I do find-file, I can no
> longer use the <SPACE>  key for completion in the mini-buffer. Tab
> completion still works fine. I didn't want to report this as a bug,
> because it seems like it is just a setting change.
>
> Does anyone know what setting I need to change to get this behavior
> back (i.e., use of space or tab for completion in the mini-buffer).
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Check out the NEWS file - its listed there with some other changes,
plus it gives instructions on how to get back the old behavior.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au