all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rectangle mode selection
@ 2011-02-22 16:50 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-02-22 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Emacs List

Talking with a friend we got to this conclusion, emacs has very cool rectangle commands, but they're hard to "see".

I mean in other editors you can really select a rectangle and then work with it, with emacs you have to compute it yourself.

It would be great if at least when I select some text, the area that represents the rectangle has a slightly different color
than the rest of the selected text.

Would that be somehow possible?