On Jan 13, 2010, at 8:58 PM, Ken Raeburn wrote: > Does the git protocol allow the server to send arbitrary messages for presentation to the user? "Your patch is very important to us. Please stay on the line...." :-) Yes it does. "Both standard output and standard error output are forwarded to git-send-pack on the other end, so you can simply echo messages for the user." >> The alternative would be to do it asynchronously and undo the push if it fails (a "git reset" is trivial). The user >> could then only be notified by e-mail. > > I think I'd rather have the interactive delay. If it proves to be too much, I can simply bury that window and look at it later. I tend to agree. Failure after a long wait (context switch, cognitively speaking) is bad, but we can keep the likelihood of such failures down if we bzr>git sync often. I would volunteer to set up an experimental server if I was willing to touch bzr and bzr importing/exporting again. But the concept is in place it seems. Anyone?