all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Matt Tenenbaum <matt@tty1.org>
Subject: Prompt display in Panther build
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:17:51 -0500	[thread overview]

Yesterday I installed OS X 10.3, which (not surprisingly) broke my
emacs binary (21.1, I believe, from about a year ago). So yesterday I
also pulled the latest source from CVS and bootstrapped it into
existence on the new operating system. Things seem to work
(functionally) fine with the following possible exception:

When I run 'sql-postgres' to start the interactive SQL mode (to connect
to a local pgsql server) the behavior differs between the command line
invocation and the Carbon build. In particular, on the command line,
everything is (or seems) as it is supposed to be; on the Carbon build,
there is no prompt. If I enter commands (despite the lack of prompt)
everything behaves normally (it transforms the text to boldface and
writes the query results, as usual), but I still don't get any prompt
showing up.

Initially I thought this might be related to the problems that seem to
exist with subprocess responses on the terminal, but the problem isn't
in the terminal nor does it seem to be with the _responses_ to
commands, so I don't so much think that anymore.

Anybody have any ideas, what might be causing this? Could it be a
problem with the sql.el in CVS? It is especially strange to me that it
is different between invocation-types. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-mt