Apologies -- it is indeed 'flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word' (and its keybinding 'C-;') that I intended to write! However, this function *does* cycle through candidates when invoked repeatedly in emacs 26.0.91 and does *not* do so in the 26 Rc-1. You are right that the function does not explicitly state that there will be this cycling behavior, but it is at least a change between emacs versions, and a negative one (it seems to me anyway) at that. Is there other information I could give you (sorry - this is my first "bug" report). __ Colin McLear colinmclear.net On 17 Apr 2018, at 10:52, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: "Colin McLear" >> Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 22:45:46 -0500 >> >> 'flyspell-auto-correct-word' doesn't seem to be working correctly. >> According to the manual "If invoked repeatedly on the same position, >> it >> cycles through the possible corrections of the current word." >> However, >> it doesn't respond to repeated invocations. It just changes the >> spelling >> to the first "correct" word it finds. Recipe for base emacs below. >> >> Starting from emacs -Q, load flyspell in scratch buffer. Spell a word >> incorrectly. Use 'C-;' to run 'flyspell-auto-correct-word'. Expected >> result is that you cycle through some different word options until >> you >> get the one you want. Actual result is that it changes the spelling >> to >> the first option and doesn't cycle through any further. I don't have >> this problem on the immediately prior developer release of emacs 26 >> (i.e. emacs 26.0.91). > > I cannot reproduce this if I invoke flyspell-auto-correct-word. > However, C-; is not bound to flyspell-auto-correct-word, it's bound to > flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word, whose documentation doesn't > promise to cycle through candidate corrections, and which is not > mentioned in the Emacs manual. > > Could it be that you intended to type C-. or ESC TAB instead?