I am an old user of 'tabbar-ruler' and friends from MELPA (https://melpa.org/#/tabbar-ruler) and have built your branch on Windows with the following results. First, I tried this: > 1. M-x tab-bar-mode RET > 2. Click on the plus sign to create a new tab I get the image tab-bar-mode.png (see tar-ball attached) and haven't understood much how to use it > 3. Click on the previous tab > 4. Click on the close icon > Then tried this, and the result is global-tab.png: notice, usually, Emacs here starts restoring about 65 buffers > 1. M-x global-tab-line-mode > 2. Click on the plus sign and select a buffer to create a new tab > 3. Click on the previous tab > 4. Click on the close icon > For comparison, with the same configuration (65 buffers) the result with tabbar-ruler from MELPA is tabbar-ruler.png: notice how the selected tab is highlighted compared to the others. Tabbar-ruler allow for grouping per mode, see tabbar-ruler-permode.png. Tanks for this work, Angelo.