Hi, Is it possible in the viper package to make the search incremental ? right now I have to press entire the "string" and press enter once and press or to search forward and backward. Do we have a way where in I press and typing a string causes an incremental search. When I find the instance I press enter. and subsequent or will search forward and backward. This looks like a very basic sane request. I am sure folks would have thought about this requirement. Is there a way out ? Regards, Maindoor. --- On Wed, 5/6/09, tomer wrote: From: tomer Subject: Re: hook for search next To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 1:37 PM On May 5, 3:40 pm, Kevin Rodgers wrote: > tomer wrote: > > i want to print message after each search (ctrl-s) in search-minor > > mode.Is it possilbe to hook for this purpose? > > Is there other way other than hook? > > it is very important. > > ,----[ C-h v isearch-mode-end-hook RET ] > | isearch-mode-end-hook is a variable defined in `isearch.el'. > | Its value is nil > | > | > | Documentation: > | Function(s) to call after terminating an incremental search. > | When these functions are called, `isearch-mode-end-hook-quit' > | is non-nil if the user quit the search. > | > | [back] > `---- > > -- > Kevin Rodgers > Denver, Colorado, USA Thanks for the answer, I knew that hooks, these hook are only in the end of the search. I need a hook each time a new search is found (each time pressing ctrl +s in isearch mode). Is it possbile?