all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* comint-interrupt-subjob not quite working
@ 2015-09-04 14:01 Rusi
From: Rusi @ 2015-09-04 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have a comint-mode running gofer (tiny version of Haskell)

When the output is large I get
error in process filter: Invalid regexp: "Regular expression too big"
error in process filter: comint-output-filter: Invalid regexp: "Regular expression too big"

repeated 100s of times (in *Messages* )

C-c C-c (comint-interrupt-subjob) has no effect

Now if gofer is run outside emacs C-c works and interrupts it correctly
Likewise if run under emacs if there is nothing untoward happening emacs
passes on the interrupt correctly

However if there is this runaway behavior then emacs stops passing it to inferior
process

Killing gofer from outside gives back control to emacs

* Re: comint-interrupt-subjob not quite working
@ 2015-09-05  2:40 ` Rusi
From: Rusi @ 2015-09-05  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 7:31:57 PM UTC+5:30, Rusi wrote:
> I have a comint-mode running gofer (tiny version of Haskell)
>
> When the output is large I get
> error in process filter: Invalid regexp: "Regular expression too big"
> error in process filter: comint-output-filter: Invalid regexp: "Regular expression too big"
>
> repeated 100s of times (in *Messages* )
>
> C-c C-c (comint-interrupt-subjob) has no effect
>
> Now if gofer is run outside emacs C-c works and interrupts it correctly
> Likewise if run under emacs if there is nothing untoward happening emacs
> passes on the interrupt correctly
>
> However if there is this runaway behavior then emacs stops passing it to inferior
> process
>
> Killing gofer from outside gives back control to emacs

And now (setq comint-prompt-regexp "")
makes emacs dump core but cant reliably reproduce.

So what should it be if the prompt is "? " (at bol of course)?

* Re: comint-interrupt-subjob not quite working
@ 2015-09-05  2:49   ` Rusi
From: Rusi @ 2015-09-05  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 8:10:48 AM UTC+5:30, Rusi wrote:
> On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 7:31:57 PM UTC+5:30, Rusi wrote:
> > I have a comint-mode running gofer (tiny version of Haskell)
> >
> > When the output is large I get
> > error in process filter: Invalid regexp: "Regular expression too big"
> > error in process filter: comint-output-filter: Invalid regexp: "Regular expression too big"
> >
> > repeated 100s of times (in *Messages* )
> >
> > C-c C-c (comint-interrupt-subjob) has no effect
> >
> > Now if gofer is run outside emacs C-c works and interrupts it correctly
> > Likewise if run under emacs if there is nothing untoward happening emacs
> > passes on the interrupt correctly
> >
> > However if there is this runaway behavior then emacs stops passing it to inferior
> > process
> >
> > Killing gofer from outside gives back control to emacs
>
> And now (setq comint-prompt-regexp "")
> makes emacs dump core but cant reliably reproduce.
>
> So what should it be if the prompt is "? " (at bol of course)?

Also
comint-use-prompt-regexp
is nil. So why does comint-prompt-regexp signify?