all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: agjf.tucker@gmail.com
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: something.tex changed on disk; really edit the buffer?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 09:48:45 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

I have searched the archives, where I found this advice to someone suffering a similar problem:

"To find out what's going on, invoke the function visited-file-modtime from the buffer of the offending file, and compare the result it returns with the time stamp for that file returned by file-attributes."

I have tried running these functions with M-x but I get [No Match].  Any ideas?