all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* line number at the beginning of the line
@ 2005-06-14 15:45 kalkowski
From: kalkowski @ 2005-06-14 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

excuse me for getting on your nerves with such a simple question, but i
didn't find an answer with google:

is there any command or variable in emacs, that it will displays the
number for every line at the beginning of it???

thanx in advance

* RE: line number at the beginning of the line
@ 2005-06-14 16:01 Rancier, Jeff
From: Rancier, Jeff @ 2005-06-14 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

setnu-mode

@ 2005-06-14 16:08 ` Greg Rowe
From: Greg Rowe @ 2005-06-14 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

kalkowski wrote:

> is there any command or variable in emacs, that it will displays the
> number for every line at the beginning of it???

Try set-nu.el:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/LineNumbers

Greg

--
Home is where the .bashrc is.

* RE: line number at the beginning of the line
@ 2005-06-14 16:10 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2005-06-14 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

    is there any command or variable in emacs, that it will displays the
    number for every line at the beginning of it???

Don't google first. Try Emacs Wiki first: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Search. You'll find pages like this one: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/LineNumbers.

Actually, try Emacs itself first, for help. Unfortunately, vanilla Emacs can't display line numbers at the beginnings of lines, so Info and M-x apropos won't get you far on this one.

* Re: line number at the beginning of the line
       [not found] <mailman.120.1118765133.2837.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-06-14 16:36 ` kalkowski
From: kalkowski @ 2005-06-14 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

thanks