all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mouse events past column 94 cause <menu-bar> to be prepended
@ 2011-02-16  2:26 Joe Riel
From: Joe Riel @ 2011-02-16  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When using a nongraphical emacs in an xterm (emacs -nw),
and enabling xterm-mouse-mode, mouse events that occur past column 94
have <menu-bar> appended to them.  Is there a way to fix that?

--
Joe Riel

* Re: mouse events past column 94 cause <menu-bar> to be prepended
       [not found] <mailman.16.1297823130.25725.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2011-02-22 14:35 ` Fletcher Johnson
From: Fletcher Johnson @ 2011-02-22 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Feb 15, 9:26 pm, Joe Riel <j...@san.rr.com> wrote:
> When using a nongraphical emacs in an xterm (emacs -nw),
> and enabling xterm-mouse-mode, mouse events that occur past column 94
> have <menu-bar> appended to them.  Is there a way to fix that?
>
> --
> Joe Riel

I am also getting this same problem with Emacs 23.2.1. Clicking past
column 94 brings up the help menu.

* Re: mouse events past column 94 cause <menu-bar> to be prepended
@ 2011-02-23  8:37   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-02-23  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Fletcher Johnson <flt.johnson@gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 06:35:51 -0800 (PST)
>
> On Feb 15, 9:26 pm, Joe Riel <j...@san.rr.com> wrote:
> > When using a nongraphical emacs in an xterm (emacs -nw),
> > and enabling xterm-mouse-mode, mouse events that occur past column 94
> > have <menu-bar> appended to them.  Is there a way to fix that?
> >
> > --
> > Joe Riel
>
> I am also getting this same problem with Emacs 23.2.1. Clicking past
> column 94 brings up the help menu.

Sounds like a bug that should be reported with "M-x report-emacs-bug".

TIA

* Re: mouse events past column 94 cause <menu-bar> to be prepended
@ 2011-02-24  2:57     ` Joe Riel
From: Joe Riel @ 2011-02-24  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:37:32 -0500
Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Fletcher Johnson <flt.johnson@gmail.com>
> > Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> > Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 06:35:51 -0800 (PST)
> >
> > On Feb 15, 9:26 pm, Joe Riel <j...@san.rr.com> wrote:
> > > When using a nongraphical emacs in an xterm (emacs -nw),
> > > and enabling xterm-mouse-mode, mouse events that occur past
> > > column 94 have <menu-bar> appended to them.  Is there a way to
> > > fix that?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Joe Riel
> >
> > I am also getting this same problem with Emacs 23.2.1. Clicking past
> > column 94 brings up the help menu.
>
> Sounds like a bug that should be reported with "M-x report-emacs-bug".

Thanks for the suggestion; I just followed it.

--

@ 2011-02-24 15:44       ` Joe Riel
From: Joe Riel @ 2011-02-24 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Riel; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:57:56 -0800
Joe Riel <jriel@maplesoft.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:37:32 -0500
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > > From: Fletcher Johnson <flt.johnson@gmail.com>
> > > Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> > > Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 06:35:51 -0800 (PST)

> > > I am also getting this same problem with Emacs 23.2.1. Clicking
> > > past column 94 brings up the help menu.
> >
> > Sounds like a bug that should be reported with "M-x
> > report-emacs-bug".
>
> Thanks for the suggestion; I just followed it.

Just got a response; my bug report is a duplicate of
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6594.
The fix will appear in 23.3.

--
Joe Riel