all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* shell.el: suggest bind shell-resync-dirs to M-RET
@ 2010-06-04  9:42 Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2010-06-04  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Stephen Eglen

The function M-x shell-resync-dirs is currently not bound to a key in
*shell* buffers.  XEmacs has had this function bound to M-RET for many
years I think - could we do the same for Emacs within shell.el?

Stephen

* Re: shell.el: suggest bind shell-resync-dirs to M-RET
@ 2010-06-04 11:29 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2010-06-04 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Stephen Eglen; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Stephen Eglen
<S.J.Eglen@damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> The function M-x shell-resync-dirs is currently not bound to a key in
> *shell* buffers.  XEmacs has had this function bound to M-RET for many
> years I think - could we do the same for Emacs within shell.el?

Is not M-RET often used as a replacement for M-TAB since the latter is
stolen by most window managers?

* Re: shell.el: suggest bind shell-resync-dirs to M-RET
@ 2010-06-04 18:02   ` Chad Brown
From: Chad Brown @ 2010-06-04 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: Stephen Eglen, emacs-devel

On Jun 4, 2010, at 4:29 AM, Lennart Borgman wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Stephen Eglen
> <S.J.Eglen@damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> The function M-x shell-resync-dirs is currently not bound to a key in
>> *shell* buffers.  XEmacs has had this function bound to M-RET for many
>> years I think - could we do the same for Emacs within shell.el?
>
> Is not M-RET often used as a replacement for M-TAB since the latter is
> stolen by most window managers?

M-RET is bound to a (most useful, frequently-called) function in org-mode,
so I doubt that the binding is really painful or blocked.  Perhaps this is just
my experience on platforms other than modern GNU/Linux?

*Chad