all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* About deleting text in emacs
@ 2008-04-27 21:50 oyferder
From: oyferder @ 2008-04-27 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi. I am using laTex and thus writing .tex files in emacs. I have Windows XP
on my system. Recently, I have had a strange problem. I can only delete one
letter at a time(by using delete-button or backspace-button on keyboard). If
I try to select a bunch of text in my file and then push delete-button, I
just delete the one letter after this bunch of text, not the bunch
itself(and if I try to select a bunch of text and then push
backspace-button, I just delete the one letter before the bunch). And the
delete-button on the edit-menu is always grey, also when I select some text.

I hope anyone can help

Øystein Færder