all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Group at several places in string
@ 2010-01-12 23:23 Johan Andersson
From: Johan Andersson @ 2010-01-12 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

I have string that contains smaller chunks of text, which  are wrapped
within double quotes. Example:*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, "consectetur" adipiscing elit. Donec "suscipit
justo" sit amet sem bibendum "sit amet" porttitor mi pretium.

*I'm looking for a way to add all the chunks in double quotes in a list. So
in this case:
*'("consectetur" "suscipit justo" "sit amet")*

I have created such a function with help of some while loops and whatever
else. But I thought that it could be done with some regex like this *
"\"\\([^\"]+\\)\""* and then fetch the groupings. But it does not work.

How would you solve this?

Thanks!

* Re: Group at several places in string
       [not found] <mailman.1289.1263338646.18930.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-01-13  0:13 ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2010-01-13  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Johan Andersson <johan.rejeep@gmail.com> writes:
> I have string that contains smaller chunks of text, which  are wrapped within double quotes. Example:
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, "consectetur" adipiscing elit. Donec "suscipit justo" sit amet sem bibendum "sit amet" porttitor mi
> pretium.
>
> I'm looking for a way to add all the chunks in double quotes in a list. So in this case:
> '("consectetur" "suscipit justo" "sit amet")
>
> I have created such a function with help of some while loops and whatever else. But I thought that it could be done with some regex
> like this "\"\\([^\"]+\\)\"" and then fetch the groupings. But it does not work.
>
> How would you solve this?

Here is a simple solution:

(defun parts-in-double-quotes (input)
  (loop for sub on (cdr (split-string input "\"")) by (function cddr) collect (car sub)))

(parts-in-double-quotes "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, \"consectetur\" adipiscing elit. Donec \"suscipit justo\" sit amet sem bibendum \"sit amet\" porttitor mi pretium.")

@ 2010-01-13  8:36   ` Johan Andersson
From: Johan Andersson @ 2010-01-13  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pascal J. Bourguignon; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs