Xah Lee, You say this at your site: "This shortcut set is designed based on ergonomic principles". What about efficiency? I guess ergonomics and efficiency could be related. But not necessarily. On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Xah Lee wrote: > i've been a professional qwerty typist hired for data entry for 1+ > year in early 1990s. > > I've been a dvorak touch typist since ~1993. > > Started to use emacs, and daily, since 1998. > > So, my emacs experience is all dvorak, and it's all good. > > if you are thinking some sort of dvorak for typing and qwerty for > hotkeys, don't do that. > > there are quite a few pages about dvorak and emacs... how much time > did you google? > > if you want to try dvorak, just switch to the layout in your OS, and > use emacs as is. That's the best way. > > a lot people uses dvorak with emacs too... too lazy to cite them here. > You can find them on blogs...etc. Try to spend a hour web search, > you'll find probably more info or blogs, comments, etc that will take > more than 4 hours to read, at least. > > i have written quite a lot on the subject myself... you can read: > > • Xah's Emacs Tutorial > http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs.html > > • All About Keyboards, Keyboard Layouts, Shortcuts, Macros > http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/keyboarding.html > > Xah > ∑ http://xahlee.org/ > > ☄ > > On Oct 3, 7:58 am, Johan Andersson wrote: > > Hi! > > > > I've been thinking for a while about testing Dvorak in Emacs (or Svorak > for > > me since I'm from Sweden). Before I started I out, I googled a bit about > > "emacs dvorak", but to my suprise got really few hits about this. So I > > thought I'd ask here. > > > > First off I found out that you could do *C-\ english-dvorak RET*, which > > would activate Dvorak but still keep the the Emacs keybindings (So that > you > > don't have to type C-l to go to the previous line). But that does not > help > > me all the way, since I want to use Svorak. And by only switching the > Xorg > > keyboard layout to Svorak, I'd still have to somehow remap all > keybindings > > in Emacs. > > > > So the question is basically: How do I get Svorak working in Emacs? And > do > > any of you even use Dvorak at all? I mean Emacs users often use Emacs > > because you can do things really fast, so I tought that many Emacs users > > would use Dvorak. > > > > Thanks! >