Thanks all, I'll go with the plist example! On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote: > Johan Andersson writes: > > Hi Johan, > > > All of your examples will work fine in my case. But is it "accepted" > > by Emacs users to code a mode using these structures? > > `defstruct' is part of GNU Emacs (dunno XEmacs) in its cl library > (Common Lisp features library), so you can expect that users have it. > Code which should be included in stock emacs must not require those > features, though. > > EIEIO currently is an external addon, so users would need to install it > before using your mode. > > A simple plist approach like the one I've posted doesn't require > anything, but maybe the other structures are a bit more convenient. > > So it's your choice to make. ;-) > > Bye, > Tassilo > > > >