On 2017-05-17 10:04, Drew Adams wrote: >>> See my reply to bug #26958. Should we have two requests: >>> 1. Wavy (and plain) underline to follow text scaling (#26958). >>> 2. Be able to configure underline line-width (#26959). >> >> Yes, that's a great summary. >> >>> Is #2 enough? If we could customize the :line-width for :underline >>> (and :overline? and :strike-through?), would that be sufficient, or >>> is there also a need for such lines to be sensitive to text scaling? >> >> I don't think so — sensitivity to text scaling would be a useful, distinct >> feature. Otherwise Lisp code will have to inspect font sizes and adjust >> thickness based on it, which will cause inconsistencies. Additionally, the >> amount of space between the text and the underline needs to be adjusted when >> the font size changes — and this is currently done on GNU/Linux already. > > Whatever decision is made about what the most appropriate behavior > is, should we make it optional, e.g., give users a way to _not_ > scale such lines, boxes, etc.? I think we should wait for an explicit request before introducing such an option: I have not seen complaints about the behavior as currently implemented in GNU/Linux.