all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnus Multiple Roles
@ 2015-12-03 12:48 B V Raghav
From: B V Raghav @ 2015-12-03 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I have been successfully using alpine for a long time now. While
switching to gnus, I feel that the functionality of alpine that I find
missing are:

1. Multiple Roles. The capability to send from any smtp server I
prefer, not necessarily automated.

I found this excellent library --- smtpmail-multi [
https://github.com/vapniks/smtpmail-multi ]. However, the problem is,
that I was not able to automate the reply's with original message having
a specific header.

The setting was:
(setq smtpmail-multi-associations
       '((("To" . "help-gnu-emacs.*") bvraghav\.com)
	))

Further I could not find a ready way to choose a specific smtp server
setting.

Is there a way with the library, or a simple(r) recipe, that I can
adapt to my needs, in order to fulfil the requirements.

B V Raghav

* Re: Gnus Multiple Roles
       [not found] <mailman.1223.1449155070.31583.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-12-26 22:39 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-12-26 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: B V Raghav; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

B V Raghav <r@bvraghav.com> writes:

> 1. Multiple Roles. The capability to send from any smtp server I
> prefer, not necessarily automated.

If you're using Message and smtpmail, just put a header saying

in the message.

* Re: Gnus Multiple Roles
@ 2015-12-28  0:45   ` B.V. Raghav
From: B.V. Raghav @ 2015-12-28  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: B V Raghav, help-gnu-emacs

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <lmi@gnus.org> writes:

> If you're using Message and smtpmail, just put a header saying

> in the message.

Thanks Lars, I will look into it at ease.

--
(B.V. Raghav)