all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* invalid face occurs a lot of times in *Messages*
@ 2017-12-05  3:16 stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2017-12-05  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-help

When I open packages list with =[M-x package-list-packages]=, I got this
warning
in ~*Messages*~:

#+begin_example
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [48 times]
Mark saved where search started
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [12 times]
Stored: info:use-package#Top
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [48 times]
QuitInvalid face reference: Package Menu
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [47 times]
Mark set
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [48 times]
user-error: No definitions found for: :loadInvalid face reference:
Package Menu
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [11 times]
Mark activated
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [240 times]
Mark set
Invalid face reference: Package Menu [12 times]
#+end_example

It also happened on other faces.

* Re: invalid face occurs a lot of times in *Messages*
@ 2017-12-05  4:17 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2017-12-05  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

stardiviner wrote:

> When I open packages list with =[M-x
> package-list-packages]=, I got this warning
> in ~*Messages*~:
>
> Invalid face reference: Package Menu [48
> times]

Seems like the package manager is in an
inconsistent state...

This works out OK?

    (require 'package)
    (package-initialize)

Still get the error messages?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: invalid face occurs a lot of times in *Messages*
@ 2017-12-06 10:28   ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2017-12-06 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I did have those two lines code. And still get the error message.

@ 2017-12-06 10:33   ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2017-12-06 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a way to debug this situation?

Like interept the function which displaying this warning message. So I
can trace back.

@ 2017-12-08 10:53     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-12-08 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 18:33:03 +0800
>
> Is there a way to debug this situation?

I'd start by looking for "Package Menu" in your .emacs and the files
it loads.

Setting debug-on-error might also help by producing a backtrace.