all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Blurring/slicing of line numbers Cocoa Emacs
@ 2011-03-10  8:49 Harold Pimentel
       [not found] ` <mailman.5.1299749197.31586.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Harold Pimentel @ 2011-03-10  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any any of you have the same problem using linum mode in Cocoa Emacs.

It looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/mt28I.png

The line numbers just look cut up and incomplete. Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks!

Harold

* Re: Blurring/slicing of line numbers Cocoa Emacs
@ 2011-03-10  9:26 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.5.1299749197.31586.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2011-03-10  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harold Pimentel; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 10.03.2011 um 09:49 schrieb Harold Pimentel:

> I was wondering if any any of you have the same problem using linum
> mode in Cocoa Emacs.

What Emacs is this?!

--
Greetings

   Pete

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..."
				– Isaac Asimov

@ 2011-03-10  9:33   ` Mario Lassnig
From: Mario Lassnig @ 2011-03-10  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 3/10/11 10:26 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 10.03.2011 um 09:49 schrieb Harold Pimentel:
>
>> I was wondering if any any of you have the same problem using linum
>> mode in Cocoa Emacs.
>

> What Emacs is this?!

./configure --with-ns

@ 2011-03-10 10:21     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2011-03-10 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mario; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 10.03.2011 um 10:33 schrieb Mario Lassnig:

>> What Emacs is this?!
>
> ./configure --with-ns

So it's the NS variant of GNU Emacs 23.x – which uses some Cocoa
functionality as do Carbon or "AppKit" Emacs.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
that corrupts your file?
				– Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy

* Re: Blurring/slicing of line numbers Cocoa Emacs
@ 2011-03-10 16:17     ` Harold Pimentel
From: Harold Pimentel @ 2011-03-10 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mario; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi guys,

On Mar 10, 2011, at 1:33 AM, Mario Lassnig wrote:

> ./configure --with-ns

I built it via Macport (emacs-app) and it was built using this argument as well as --without-x.

Any other suggestions?

@ 2011-03-10 20:28       ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2011-03-10 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harold Pimentel; +Cc: mario, help-gnu-emacs

Am 10.03.2011 um 17:17 schrieb Harold Pimentel:

> Any other suggestions?

So it's presumingly version 23.2... Which port variant? Can you choose
the 'Send Bug Report…' option from the Help menu and copy the version
and build information into your answer?

What is the version of linenum.el and where did you get it? The
*Messages* buffer might contain some additional information after
mode...

You can launch this Emacs variant without any customisation and
without extra Elisp code. In some shell, for example inside Emacs.app,
you can launch it as

	/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q &

It its *scratch* buffer you can write down and execute Elisp code
which, for example, extends load-path and then load linenum.el. How
does it look now?

You could also launch this Emacs variant without own windows, for
example in Terminal.app, as:

	/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -nw -Q

After loading linenum.el, how does look in Terminal? And how does it
look when you leave away the -Q, i.e., only with -nw?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Without vi there is only GNU Emacs