all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to simulate keyboard strike just like I push that key?
@ 2009-06-26 11:58 waterloo
From: waterloo @ 2009-06-26 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

how to simulate keyboard strike just like I push that key?
I need to simulate I push "shift".
thanks

* Re: how to simulate keyboard strike just like I push that key?
       [not found] <mailman.1316.1246027994.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-06-26 16:07 ` TomSW
From: TomSW @ 2009-06-26 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jun 26, 1:58 pm, waterloo <waterloo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> how to simulate keyboard strike just like I push that key?
> I need to simulate I push "shift".
> thanks

Short answer: no, why?

The longer answer is that you can't, as far as I know, but there is a
good chance you don't need to: why do you think you do?

regards,
Tom SW

* Re: how to simulate keyboard strike just like I push that key?
@ 2009-06-27  1:25 waterloo
From: waterloo @ 2009-06-27  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I input latex file with chinese.
Everytime  I come into math mode,  **I must push shift to switch chinese to
english. but when come out of math mode, I must push shift to switch english
to chinese.

It is not convenient.

I want to write an extension or modify cdlatex (it is for latex input) ,so
that when I come in math mode It switches automatically.

For example: when I input $$ ant the cursor is between them, it
automatically switch to english.

I use scim in gentoo. so when I open input method with "ctrl spc", it only
need "shift" to swich between chinese and english.

Or I need to use shift so frequently so that now the key "shift" is not
sensitive.

       [not found] <mailman.1372.1246077690.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-06-27  8:00 ` TomSW
From: TomSW @ 2009-06-27  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jun 27, 3:25 am, waterloo <waterloo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I input latex file with chinese.
> Everytime  I come into math mode,  **I must push shift to switch chinese to
> english. but when come out of math mode, I must push shift to switch english
> to chinese.

Maybe http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ScimBridge will help? It appears
to let Emacs control scim by talking to scim-bridge over a socket.
Perhaps you could adapt parts of it to switch input languages
programmatically.

regards,
Tom SW

* Re: how to simulate keyboard strike just like I push that key?
@ 2009-06-27 16:35 waterloo
From: waterloo @ 2009-06-27 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: tom.weissmann