all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How can I do these in Emacs?
@ 2003-04-19  5:53 wang yin
From: wang yin @ 2003-04-19  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi! I'm new to Emacs. I'm used to use VIM.  But I decided to enjoy the
Emacs world.

I don't know how to do something that's simple in VIM.  I hope I can
get help here.

1. How can I do something like a "o" command in vi with Emacs?  I
   always C-e to the end of the line and press RET.  Are there any
   faster ways?

2. How can I go to start or end of the if {...} block when the pointer
   is inside the block?

for example:

	if (w->backref != NOBACKREF) {
		WFhash[w->backref] = NULL;