all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Changing the default spelling dictionary to British English
@ 2011-03-08 22:06 Peter Flynn
From: Peter Flynn @ 2011-03-08 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I can't seem to find any mention in the FAQ or on web sites about how to
change the default spellcheck dictionary from American English to
British English (permanently), and it doesn't seem to be a config option
in the Emacs menus. I'm using Emacs 23 as shipped with Ubuntu 10.4 and
the only check I run is M-x ispell-buffer RET

Or is this something that has to be configured externally, in some
ispell config?

///Peter