all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to use Emacs with Scheme without tears and joint pain?
@ 2009-08-15  1:23 fft1976
From: fft1976 @ 2009-08-15  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I tried to use Emacs as suggested in the Gambit manual, and I also
tried the
Quack mode. Either I'm not using them right, or they just don't
provide the functionality I need. I'm not looking for something as
advanced as SLIME necessarily (which AFAIK only works with Scheme48),
but at least something like what you get with ELISP:

When you are editing a file, and eval an expression to the REPL, you
get an answer in the minibuffer (which should temporarily expand if
necessary) Also, if there is an error, you get a kind of pop-up window
that's easy to dismiss and get to the top level of the REPL. I don't
get these with Quack or Gambit mode.

How do you make this work with Emacs? Commercial IDEs ruined this for
me.