On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Matthew L Daniel wrote: > On 2:59 PM, Reto wrote: > >> Hello >> >> I'm experiencing the same problem on a domain computer xp sp2 with >> emacs 23.1.1 offical binary >> I don't think it has anything to to with tramp >> emacs22 also has tramp AFAIK >> >> Greetings, >> Reto >> > > Yes, I remembered a few days ago that I have a problem with all MSYS/MinGW > based programs, and M-x about-emacs shows it was built using MinGW. Here is > the description of my symptoms with MSYS ( > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=202435&aid=2077300&group_id=2435 > ) > > For example, as detailed in that link, launching rxvt.exe (which comes with > MSYS) takes quite a few seconds. I don't know if it "stutters" the same way > as Emacs because I am not typing as much in it; in fact, Emacs is the most > interactive MSYS/MinGW application I have. > > On the one hand, I'm sorry that blamed Emacs, but on the other hand since > the Windows version of Emacs uses MSYS, this is relevant. > > -- /v\atthew > You could be right about MinGW. I've tried to find a emacs23 VC build, but couldn't find anything... probably I will try to compile myself when I find some time.. Reto