On 01/10/2024 21:48, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > That one is using the face eglot-diagnostic-tag-unnecessary-face, > which you can customize to add an underline or any other decorations. > > It was added in commit 0f44d338f17bd4, see the description here > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=0f44d338f17bd4 > > The choice of using 'shadow' is explained with a reference to the > protocol, which says: > > /** >  * Unused or unnecessary code. >  * >  * Clients are allowed to render diagnostics with this tag faded out >  * instead of having an error squiggle. >  */ > > https://microsoft.github.io/language-server-protocol/specifications/lsp/3.17/specification/#diagnosticTag > > OK, I see, the shadow is so similar the normal font that, before you mentioned it, it was unnoticeable to me. But if it's customizable, that's great. > > Here a screenshot > > Same look on my machine. > > Should we remove the exclamation point instead, to avoid the semantic > conflict? I'm not sure, probably not. Is the exclamation mark used with all warnings? If yes, I'd keep it. Even if the warning has a tag equal to 1, it's still a warning. Thanks for your help!